If you have recently gotten rid of a tree in your yard, chances are you will want to get rid of the unsightly stump it’s left behind, too. However, before you consider traditional stump removal, you should know this can be a complicated process, which may actually cause more damage to your property than it’s worth. That’s why at Purple Care, we recommend stump grinding, a less invasive way of dealing with stumps that doesn’t cause unnecessary harm to your property in the process. Keep reading to learn more about the difference between stump grinding versus removal, and remember to call Purple Care for all your professional tree service needs.
The Benefits of Stump Grinding Over Removal
- Stump Grinding Does Not Involve Deep Extraction: When you call for tree stump removal, your landscaping professional will need to use heavy-duty equipment to dig into your soil. That’s because unlike grinding, stump removal involves extracting not only your leftover tree stump but also your tree roots, which may potentially be buried deep within the ground. Using one of our cutting-edge stump grinders is less intensive, and allows us to shave your stump down until it no longer stands as an eyesore.
- Stump Grinding Is Safe & Efficient: Because stump removal is a more invasive process, which requires heavy machinery, it also creates a greater risk of someone getting hurt. Stump grinding is comparatively safe, and can be completed efficiently, allowing you to reduce risk and worry less about interruptions to your property and schedule.
- Stump Grinding Is Comprehensive: Some stumps can be ground 18 inches into the ground, though the industry standard for stump grinding is to go until you can no longer see the trunk. It all depends on the size of the stump we are dealing with, and the needs of your property. Either way, you are able to get rid of that unwanted stump without leaving a big hole in the ground.
- Stump Grinding Takes Care of Tree Roots: You might assume that stump grinding would allow your tree to re-sprout again, since the roots are left behind. However, by grinding the stump all the way down, we are able to effectively eliminate any chance that unwanted tree will grow back. Instead, any remaining tree roots will simply decay in your soil over time.
- Stump Grinding Does Not Leave the Door Open for Pests: While termites and other pests are often attracted to dead wood, Purple Care will ensure insects are kept away and your property is safe following the stump grinding process. Our team will remove any remaining sawdust that can attract termites, and get rid of any lingering wood where insects could make their nest.