Your trees are a valuable part of your yard and larger property. Providing shade and aesthetic beauty to your lawn and adding value to your residential or commercial landscaping, few homes/businesses look complete without a few well-placed trees. However, planting a tree is not enough. If you want your trees to keep thriving for years to come, you need to make sure they receive regular trimming, too. Read on for the top ten benefits of professional tree trimming, and remember that our experts at Purple Care are here for all of your expert tree care needs.
10 Ways Your Trees Can Benefit from Proper Trimming
- Better Overall Health: Far from hurting your trees, periodically trimming branches can help keep them healthy for as long as possible. Consider that for extremely large trees, it’s often difficult to get adequate nutrients from the soil. Trimming branches may allow your tree to utilize a smaller amount of nutrients, so it doesn’t always have to work so hard to stay healthy. And of course, it’s always better to get rid of a tree branch that’s infected or diseased rather than let this dead appendage linger on the tree. This brings us to…
- Fewer Diseases: Regular trimming is a great way to detect diseases in your tree before they can spread. Once our experts look at the branches that have been cut off, we can assess the severity of the disease and suggest further action to help, from tree disease and pest control to complete tree removal.
- More Sunlight: We all know that trees need sunlight to grow big and strong. This occurs through the process of photosynthesis. The amount of photosynthesis that occurs in your tree is determined directly by how much sun is reaching its leaves, and how many leaves it has in the first place. Therefore, it can be difficult for your tree to get all the sunlight it needs if certain parts are obscured. Trimming unnecessary branches can help leaves that are hidden from the sun receive more sunlight, thereby increasing your tree’s photosynthesis capabilities and helping it reach its full potential.
- Less Root Loss: Trees experience root loss when their roots do not get enough oxygen or water. If up to 40% of your tree’s root system is lost, it may not have the energy reserves it needs to survive. Tree trimming helps reduce this problem, so your tree always has enough energy.
- Tastier/Healthier Fruits: As we mentioned above, trees that are too big/have too many branches may have difficulty getting all the nutrients they need to stay healthy. However, by cutting off unnecessary branches, you may be able to strengthen the fruit-bearing ones, so everything growing on your trees tastes better and is better for you, too.
- Increased Property Value: Untrimmed trees can make your property look shoddy and poorly maintained. A beautiful, well-trimmed tree, however, may make your property more appealing to potential buyers, should you decide to move.
- Fewer Risks: Trees with overgrown branches can pose a risk to your house, pool, garage, or other parts of your property, especially if extreme weather strikes. Trimming tree branches is an important way to prevent a hazardous situation for your family and/or employees. It is also a great way to ensure—
- Reduced Damages: If a storm causes tree branches to come crashing down on your property, there is a good chance you will have to spend serious money to clean it up. Trimming trees can prevent property damage—and the many costs that come with it.
- Improved Growth: Did you know that pruning your trees may actually help them to grow higher? By removing branches, buds, and roots, this service allows us to get rid of damaged and dead parts of your tree that may make it structurally unsound and can prevent it from reaching its full potential.
- Prettier Appearance: Ultimately, it’s hard to deny that one of the biggest advantages of tree trimming is that it simply makes your trees look better. Getting rid of unwanted branches and pruning unflattering sections of leaves is a great way to keep your tree a beautiful and notable part of your property for as long as you own it.
Call Purple Care today at (817) 369-3138 to schedule an appointment, or click here to request more information online.